The Dig SiteFeeling uneducated? Desperate for buried treasure? ...
|Starting Location: Exam Centre at the Archaeological Dig Site||
Starting NPC: Examiner
Suggested Skills: 25 Magic for Varrock Teleport
Required Quests: None.
Required Items: Chisel, Tinderbox, Rope (x2 and can be pick-pocketed from nearby workers), Pestle and mortar, Uncut opal (can be obtained in the quest by panning, but it is faster if you have it), Vial, Cup of tea (obtained from the Tea Stall in Varrock), Leather gloves and Leather boots (requirements to be worn when digging).
Suggested Items: A small amount of food, Varrock teleport runes/teleport tablets, Energy enhancing equipment (such as Spottier cape, Boots of lightness, Penance gloves) and about 5 or 6 free inventory spaces.
1. Grab a Cup of tea before starting.
2. Talk to the Examiner and ask about taking the exams.
3. Speak to the Curator at the Varrock Museum for a signature then return to the Examiner.
4. Talk to the student in the purple skirt.
5. Find her teddy bear by searching in the bushes by the brown urns and return it to her, she will say her answer.
6. Talk to the student with a green shirt.
7. Get back his animal skull by pickpocketing the Digsite workmen, return it and record his answer.
8. Speak with the student in a red shirt and pick up a pan and try panning for his cup.
9. Give the guide the Cup of tea and retrieve and return the cup to the student.
10. Take the first exam with the answers you gained.
11. Return to all the students and get the answers for the second exam.
12. Go back to the Examiner and take the second exam.
13. Give the girl in purple an uncut opal for her answer (pan one if you did not bring one).
14. Talk to the remaining two students who will provide answers with no hassle.
15. Take the third exam.
16. Go back to the Curator and show him your certificates.
17. Search the sacks by a digging area to receive a specimen jar and pickpocket a workman for a brush.
18. Find the Ancient talisman by digging in the most north-east site and then use it on the Archaeological Expert.
19. Get the book about chemicals from the Exam Centre and read it then go to the winch in the west and search the bricks.
20. Head to the winch in the east, go down and get the key. Then go to the tent near the panning area and search the chest for Chemical powder with the key.
21. Then go to the barrels near the tent and fill your vial with the liquid by using your trowel on the barrels, then identify both items it with the expert.
22. Search the specimen tray for charcoal and grind it with the pestle and mortar. Also pick Arcenia roots in the western winch then mix all the ingredients.
23. Go to the bricks and use the mixture on them and light with a tinderbox (if you accidentally drop it, substantial damage will be inflicted to you), the bricks will blow up.
24. Take the stone tablet and return to the Expert to complete the quest.