In Pyre NeedAn ancient avian of fiery disposition is in need of your help! Returning to its roost after a long time away from home, the phoenix encountered some trouble. Now it waits, weak and dying, isolated from the world. By chance, a priest with a suspicious amount of knowledge about the phoenix has appeared near its roost, and he is searching for an adventurer with the skills and the mettle to venture forth and aid the phoenix in its hour of need.
|Starting Location: Cave south-west of Piscatoris Fishing Colony.||
Starting NPC: Priest of Guthix.
Required Quests: None.
Required Items: Secateurs (or Magic Secateurs), Knife, Tinderbox (All items are given to you during the start of the quest).
Suggested Items: Dramen staff/Lunar staff for Fairy Ring code AKQ.
Enemies to Defeat: None.
1. Speak the the Priest of Guthix. (outside the cave south-west of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony, you can easily get there using the Fairy Ring code AKQ)
2. Gather the tools. (tell him you want his supplies)
3. Enter the cave.
4. Harvest cinnamon twigs. (north end of cave)
5. Enter the door in the north-west corner of the cave.
6. Harvest sassafras twigs. (north end of cave)
7. Enter the door in the north-west corner of the cave.
8. Harvest ailanthus twigs. (center of cave)
9. Enter the door in the north-west corner of the cave.
10. Harvest cedar twigs. (east part of cave)
11. Enter the door in the north-west corner of the cave.
12. Harvest mastic twigs. (north end of cave)
13. Enter the door in the north-west corner of the cave.
14. Use knife on all twigs. (turn into wooden ribbons)
15. Use ribbons on the pyre.
16. Use tinderbox on pyre.
17. Talk to the Phoenix. (you will receive 5 quills for Summoning pouches)
18. Escape the cave.
19. Speak to the Priest.
Fight The Phoenix
Required Skills: 51 Slayer.
Required Quests: In Pyre Need.
Required Items: Secateurs (or Magic Secateurs), Knife, Tinderbox, Medium-High level food (lobster-shark), armor, weapon.
Suggested Items: Prayer potions/Super restores, skill boosting potions (super atk/str/def)
Enemies to Defeat: Phoenix (Level 235), possibly various others.
1. Follow the instructions in the Quest guide to collect the twigs again. (watch out now through, there are now very strong, aggressive warrior monsters in the cave, you may need to kill them to obtain the twigs)
2. Use knife on twigs -> creates wooden ribbons.
3. Use ribbons on Pyre, the Phoenix will appear.
4. Attack and kill Phoenix (Level 235) - it is suggested to use the protect from magic prayer, as the Phoenix can hit 200's easily.
5. After killing the Phoenix it will enter the Pyre, you can now set the Pyre aflame.
6. The Phoenix will reincarnate smaller, talk to him and receive your 5 quills, 5,000 Slayer, 7,500 Firemaking, 3,000 Fletching, and 1,000 Crafting experience.
You can do this once a day.
After going back the next time you go you will only receive 500 Slayer experience instead of 5,000.